Saturday, February 18, 2012

Crock Pot Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin

Pin It
I made this for dinner the other night and it was a HUGE hit with everyone!  I even used the leftovers as sliders a few days later when the kids had friends over and I hadn't made enough for dinner, {gasp} I know right?

I also used a new FAVORITE product in this recipe that you HAVE to try out.

If you haven't seen Dorot yet you have got to get to the market and find some.  They are freshly frozen herbs that I have fallen in love with because I don't always have fresh ginger or basil or parsley on hand.  They come in cubes of 1 teaspoon increments (approximately 20 per tray) and you just keep them in the freezer and pop them into sauces or marinades whenever you need. No need to keep all those fresh herbs on hand that usually go to waste before they get used up.  Check them out.  I found them right along with my frozen veggies at Bel Air.

Here's what you need:

2 - Pork Tenderloins approximately 3-4 pounds (I use the Costco ones and they come two in a pack)
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tsp. fresh ginger (I use the frozen Dorot kind)
1 tsp. fresh crushed garlic (I use the frozen Dorot kind)

In the insert of a crock pot place the soy sauce and brown sugar and mix well.  Pop in the ginger and garlic and stir.
 
Add the pork tenderloin and turn to coat with the sauce.  

Cover and cook on High for 4 - 5 hours.  Flipping the meat half way through the cooking.  Pork is done when it falls apart when trying to move it around.
I served this with fried rice.  YUM

It makes great Shredded Teriyaki Pork sandwiches too.

**Note:  I'm not sure if all crock pots cook the same that is why there is a variance in cooking time.  I have a brand new one and it is awesome and cooks really hot on high.  So just make sure you check to see if the pork is tender before serving.

Serves 6 - 8 

Enjoy!

~Hugs~
Michelle

Here's the handy printable - Crock Pot Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin

Stop by and check it out for even more wonderful blogs to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I enjoy reading each and every one. I will try to respond in a timely manner so please make sure you have an email linked to your account.